How would you like to get trained as a waterfront lifeguard in three crazy days!
Arrive Thursday night, July 30th, by 6 pm and finish by Sunday, August 2nd, at noon. This will be a Red Cross blended course which includes a 7.5 hour online course which you will need to complete prior to arriving at camp and a 19 hour practical skills portion during these days at Camp. The cost for this program includes the following:
- Red Cross online portion fee: $39
- Lifeguard Training textbook ($34.95) or eBook (free)
- Camp Fee $75 (includes the lifeguard hip pack)
You must be 15 years or older to participate! Certain skills are required prior to joining the lifeguard training, including:
- Must be able to swim 550 yards continuously using the front crawl and breaststroke. Your whip kick must be efficient.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute 40 seconds.
- Start in the water, swim 20 yards - goggles not allowed!
- Surface dive to the bottom of the pool and retrieve a 10 lb brick.
- Return to the surface, swim 20 yards on the back to the starting point with both hands holding the object.
- Exit the water without using the ladder or stairs.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed five yards apart.